WP Mage Software Update February 2011
Greg Jacobs announced today that latest software version of WP MAGE – CP MAGE 1.7.1 has been released. The updated installer now uses WordPress 3.0.5.
Greg’s ingenious programmer, Hodge, indicated that he’ll not look into integrating WP3.1 until 3.1.2 is released, so you’ll want to hold off on the WordPress 3.1 updates until Hodge works his magic.
So if you are already a Master Mage, then by all means, log into your account and download these powerful updates soon. If you haven’t had the opportunity to buy WPMage yet, then click to visit WP Mage to get started with your free Mage Blueprint.
Other important additions, features, and fixes include Product Caching for Affiliate Mage, which means that when they are activated, the products from affiliate sources will be cached for however many hours you’ve specified. This significantly improves your site’s performance, and reduces page load times.
Content Mage now has a “Kill Translator” toggle, which can be used to disable translation site-wide, if the translator is causing site load issues. Finally, it’s now possible to install domains with the same name, but different TLD (Top Level Domain) extension. For example, you can install mydomain.com, mydomain.net, mydomain.info, etc. within the same CPMage installation.
Some of the WP Mage 1.7.1 software updates include:
- WPMage standalone
- Fix: installer adding a second “http://” in database for home/siteurl values
- CPMage 1.7.1
- Fix: “All fields are required” error message during install, if Dedicated IP field was empty
- Feature: Same domains name with different TLD supported – i.e. it is now possible to build sites in CPMage on domain.com, domain.net, domain.info etc.
- Feature: WordPress updated to v3.0.5 to keep up with WP’s security update
- Feature: Bundled plugins updated to latest versions
- AMx 1.5.0
- Feature: Product Caching. Caching can now be enabled to allow for much faster page load times. By default, caching is turned off. Caching can be controlled from the AMx Options page. This option has also been built into the WPMage installer.
- CM 1.6.1
- Fix: Error message no longer displayed when no content from Flickr
- Feature: “Kill Translator” option.
- Fix: source references corrected
- PM 1.5.1
- Fix: “NaN” error preventing Post Generator from continuing when an error is sent from the server.